Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Locked out

Our new house is taking a small amount of adjustment. An example is how I locked myself out of the house while the kids were in it. It was 7am and Isabella was still sleeping and I wanted to take a few boxes out to the car. I did not realize that just turning the front door knob does not unlock the door as it had at our other homes. As soon as I realized what I'd done, I called out to Lachlan who was by the door. I tried to get him to turn the knob, but they are different at this house. I ran down to Isabella's bedroom and banged on the window hoping I'd be able to tell her how to get upstairs and open the door. No response from her after two minutes of knocking and yelling. I then thought that there was a possibility our bedroom window was unlocked. Luckily, it was! I was just about ready to break a window. Lori said I have Anissa-ized the house. When I got back inside I went and checked on Isabella and she was just laying in her bed. She'd heard me, but she just lay in her bed waiting or me to come and get her.

No comments: